Hanwha Techwin Co., Ltd (hereafter Hanwha Techwin) values the private information of its customers and has established and complied with the ‘Private Information Protection Policy’, in accordance with ‘the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection’ and ‘the Act on the Protection of Personal Information’.
Hanwha Techwin’s Private Information Protection Policy’ may be subject to change in accordance with the revision of laws and regulations, changes in government policies or changes in company policies. Any revisions to the policy will be posted on our website (hanwhatechwin.co.kr) or notified to the customer individually. Hanwha Techwin’s Private Information Protection Policy specifies the following:
- Article 1 General Provisions
- Article 2 Personal Information to be collected and Method of collection
- Article 3 Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Article 4 Use/Provision and Sharing of Personal Information
- Article 5 Outsourcing the processing of Personal Information
- Article 6 Use, retention and destruction of personal information
- Article 7 Right and Obligation of User/Legal Representative
- Article 8 Personal Information Manager
- Article 9 Security Measures to protect personal information
- Article 10 Installation and Operation of automatic personal information collection system
- Article 11 Obligation of notification
Article 1: General Provisions
- 1) Personal information refers to information about a living person which includes their name and national ID number and is used to identify a specific person (including information which can be used to identify a specific person in combination with other information, although such information alone is not sufficient.).
- 2) Hanwha Techwin values our clients’ personal information and complies with personal information protection regulations set forth in ‘the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection’, ‘the Act on the Protection of Personal Information’ and “Personal Information Protection Guideline” established by the Ministry of Public Administration and Security. Hanwha Techwin informs individuals of why and how we use your personal information and what we do to protect your personal information through our Private Information Protection Policy.
Article 2: Personal Information to be collected and Method of collection
- 1) Hanwha Techwin collects personal information as follows: to provide various and convenient services to our customers and verify the identity of customers.
- - Required fields: name, phone number, address, email, company name, company phone number, gender, type of occupation, nationality, i-PIN number, company size and company type
- - Optional fields: company address, fax number and homepage URL, hobbies, areas of interest, date of birth, job position, product serial number, project information, content of interest
- 2) Hanwha Techwin collects the above personal information which a customer fills in online. Please be informed that the items in Article 1 may differ according to different types of services and purposes. For each service, you can select “agree” or “disagree” as set forth in Consent Form for data collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information or Terms and Conditions. By selecting “agree”, you agree and consent that we may collect and use your personal information.
- 3) In addition to Article 1 and 2, the following information may automatically be created and collected while you are using our services.
- - Service utilization data, IP address, access log, MAC address, etc.
Article 3: Collection and Use of Personal Information
- 1) Hanwha Techwin collects your personal information to the minimum extent necessary to provide satisfactory services to fulfill the following purposes: to answer your inquiries, maintain information in response to your inquiries, manage membership, provide content and send promotional and marketing information.
- 2) Hanwha, however, does not collect any sensitive information that is likely to infringe upon customers’ fundamental human rights (including race and ethnicity, ideas and beliefs, country of origin and legal domicile, political disposition and criminal record, health conditions and sexual activities).
Article 4: Use/Provision and Sharing of Personal Information
- 1) Hanwha Techwin will under no circumstance use private information of Members beyond the scope of Article 2 “Purposes of Collection and Use of Private Information” or provide such information to a third party or business/institution, otherwise required by relevant laws and regulations or in the case where your prior consent has been obtained. Please be informed that we may use and provide personal information in the following events.
- - In a case where all rights and obligations of the service provider handling the personal information have been disposed of or transferred to a third party Hanwha Techwin will give a prior notice in detail as to the reasonable cause and procedure and will offer you the option of revoking your consent.
- - Hanwha Techwin obtains your consent after sending prior notification, via email or in writing, specifying the details of the proposed recipient of your personal information, the purpose of the proposed use, the information proposed to be shared, your right to refuse, and subsequent consequences thereof.
- 2) In the following exceptional cases, Hanwha Techwin may provide your personal information without asking your consent.
- - Where such information is required for the company to provide services pursuant to a service contract;
- - Such information is requested by a government agency for the purpose of conducting an investigation in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations
- - Such personal information in question is to be used for the purpose of conducting a study, market research or statistical analysis and will not result in identification of any individual
Article 5: Outsourcing the processing of Personal Information
- 1) For the purpose of seamless processing of personal information, Hanwha Techwin outsources the processing of personal information to a third party as follows.
- ① Call Center
- - Outsourced service provider: Sammi Systech Co., Ltd.
- - Outsourced work: responding to A/S requests and various other customer support-related functions
- 2) When outsourcing the processing of customers’ personal information, Hanwha Techwin ensures that the service provider adheres to the instructions on the protection of personal information, maintains confidentiality, refrains from transferring or disclosing said personal information to a third party and assumes liability for any damages.
Article 6: Use, retention and destruction of personal information
- 1) After fulfilling the objectives of collection or use of your personal information, Hanwha Techwin shall dispose of such information immediately, as required by the customer.
- 2) Notwithstanding the foregoing, Hanwha Techwin may retain some of your personal information for a certain period of time, if necessary, in accordance with applicable laws and regulation and its company policy.
※ Retention of information in accordance with relevant laws and regulations (Commercial Law, the k Act on National Taxes, Corporate Tax Act, the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc. and the Protection of Communications Secrets Act, etc.)
- 1. Website management including sign-up: until your membership is withdrawn from the website.
For cases that fall under the following, until the fulfillment of each purpose:
- ① In the case where an investigation or inspection is ongoing, in accordance with the applicable laws, until the completion of the investigation or inspection
- ② In the case where any financial liabilities with respect to the use of the website, until settlement and calculation of payables (if any) are completed.
- 2. Provision of goods or services: until the delivery of the services and settlement and calculations of compensation payable are completed.
For cases that fall under the following, until each term expires.
- ① Records on transactions such as labeling/advertising, contents of a contract, and execution of a contract, in accordance with Article 6 of 「Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transaction, Etc.」
- - Records on labeling/advertising
- - Records on revocation of a contract or an offer, payment of price, or provision of goods: 5 years
- - Records related to consumer complaints and resolution of disputes: 3 years
- ② Records on telecommunications, in accordance with Article 41 of 「Enforcement Decree of the Protection of Telecommunications Secrets Act」
- - Records on date of telecommunications, opening time and finishing time, number of counterparties, points used, tracking records on the location of the base station used in the telecommunication: 1 year
- - Records regarding computer communication, internet log, tracking records on the location of access: 3 months
- ③ Records on identification, in accordance with Article 29 of the Enforcement Decree of 「Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Data Protection, etc. 」 for six (6) months after the end of posting on the bulletin board
- 3) Destruction Procedure and Method
- - Personal information. Hanwha Techwin will destroy your personal information promptly when it is proven to have become unnecessary to the extent that it is no longer required to be retained.
- - In case it is required to retain your personal information, after it has fulfilled its purpose or passed its term of retention, such information shall be transferred to a different DB or storage place.
- - Any personal information in the electronic form shall be destroyed so that any records may not be reproduced and personal information stored in hard copies shall be shredded or incinerated.
Article 7: Right and Obligation of User/Legal Representative
- 1) You are entitled to request the inspection, change, removal, or suspension of your personal information or to withdraw your consent in relation to personal information at any time. You may read your personal information or request correct/delete or suspend processing, or withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the following phone number, email or in writing.
▶ Personal Management Department
- - Department: HR Team (Security group)
- - Contact Person: Ho myoung Ma, Director
- - Contact: 070-7147-7171, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2) You are entitled to exercise the right set forth in Paragraph 1 through your legal representative or a person who is authorized by you to do so. In the above case, attorney letter of attorney is required under Article 11 of the enforcement regulations of Act on the Protection of Personal Information
Personal information that you or your legal representative requests for deletion will be handled in accordance with the provisions of ‘Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information collected by Hanwha Electronics’ and relevant laws, and shall not be used for any other purposes
- 3) In case you request the correction of any error in personal information, we shall neither use nor provide the applicable personal information until the completion of correction. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, we shall make the appropriate correction by notifying the said third party promptly of the result of correction.
- 4) Hanwha Techwin shall handle the personal information of which destruction is requested by you appropriately in accordance with relevant laws and regulations for the retention and usage period of the personal information and will take appropriate measures to prevent such information from being read or used for other purposes.
- 5) You are advised to provide correct personal information for the purpose of preventing any and all unexpected accidents. You shall be responsible for any accident arising from the inaccuracy of personal information provided and may be deprived of membership or prosecuted under relevant regulations in case of using false information using the information of others fraudulently.
- 6) You are entitled to receive protection for your personal information but you also have obligations to protect yourself and to refrain from infringing upon the private information of others. You are advised to prevent the leaking of your personal information and to refrain from damaging the personal information of others including information posted on a website. If you fail to fulfill this obligation and damage personal information or the dignity of others, you may be prosecuted in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations
- 7) Protection of Personal Information of Minors
- - In principle, Hanwha Techwin shall not collect personal information of minors.
- - In case where it is inevitable to collect personal information of minors for business purposes, Hanwha Techwin shall ask for the consent of their legal guardians in advance and destroy the applicable personal information immediately once the purpose is attained. In addition, Techwin shall thoroughly manage personal information during its operations.
Article 8: Personal Information Manager
- 1) For the purposes of protecting your personal information and handling complaints and questions related to personal information, we have a dedicated team and personnel for personal information protection as follows.
||Personal Information Protection Manager
||Personal Information Protection Manager
||Bae Chun Lyur
||Ho myoung Ma
- 2) If you need help or advice regarding personal information, the following organizations can be contacted.
- - Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (www.1336.or.kr/1336)
- - Korea Internet Security Agency (www.118.or.kr/118)
- - Personal Information Protection Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/02-580-0533~4)
- - Internet Crime Investigation Center of the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (icic.sppo.go.kr/02-3480-3600)
- - Cyber Terror Response Center of the National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr/02-392-0330)
Article 9: Security Measures to protect personal information
Hanwha Techwin takes the following technical measures for securing safeness in order to ensure that personal information is not lost, stolen, disclosed, altered or damaged during the handling of your personal information.
- 1) Hanwha Techwin stores and manages customer’s personal data in encrypted form.
- 2) Anti-hacking measures
- - Hanwha Techwin does its best to prevent your personal information from being disclosed or damaged through hacking or viruses.
- - We back up materials on a regular basis in preparation for any damage of personal information, take precautions to ensure that customers’ personal information or materials are not disclosed or damaged by using the latest anti-virus programs and safely transmitting personal information on networks using code algorithms.
- - We also control unauthorized access from external sources by using firewall systems and make every effort to ensure the highest level of system security.
- 3) Personnel management and training
- - Hanwha Techwin authorizes only a designated person(s) to handle your personal information and for this purpose grants a separate password which is regularly renewed. In addition, we train such personnel to protect your personal information.
- - The hand-over procedures for personal information managers are carried out in a protected environment, and each personal information manager receives training on the handling of the personal information after joining and resigning from the company.
- - To prevent any unauthorized access, we designate our computer rooms and data storage rooms as restricted zones.
- 4) Dedicated personal information protection team
Article 10: Installation and Operation of automatic personal information collection system
- • Purpose of Using cookies
To analyze the access frequencies of members and non-members or their regular visiting hours, understand customer’s preferences and fields of interest and trace tracks, provide targeted marketing and individually customized services by figuring out the extent of various event participation and the number of visits.
Article 11: Obligation of notification