- Signed a contract with AT&T and Securitas for the supply of 800,000 security cameras.
- Supplied aircraft engine parts worth KRW 470 billion to GE.
- Received an order from KAI worth KRW 170.2 billion for T-50 engines.
- Signed an MOU with KOGAS for the joint development of turbo expander system.
- Signed a comprehensive agreement with MIRA, a U.K vehicle research center,
on technological cooperation for product development for battery packs for
commercial vehicles and joint marketing.
- Won the Product Design category at the Red Dot Design Award 2015 for the
SNH-E6110BN home security camera.
- Received an order from Samsung Heavy Industries for four gas compressors
and peripheral equipment for KOGAS LNG carriers.
- Signed a risk and revenue sharing partnership (RSP) agreement with P&W
on international joint aircraft engine development.
- Shipped bodies for KRAB self-propelled howitzer to Poland.
- Signed a contract with BEGINS for the supply of battery packs for electric buses.
- Renamed the company to Hanwha Techwin.
- Signed an agreement with ZYLE Daewoo Bus on joint development and
marketing for eco-friendly electric buses.
- Announced the new company vision to be “a global leader in aerospace,
defense and machinery industry”.
- Established an independent management system for the civil and defense sectors.
- Obtained the nation’s first international certification for LNG carrier gas compressors
from Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
- Signed a contract with Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) for the supply of T-50
engines for export.
- Cumulative aircraft engine production reached 7,000 units.
- Began production of K56 ammunition resupply vehicles.
- Signed a contract for the exportation of K9 self-propelled howitzers to Poland.
- Launched 2 Mega pixel Full HD WiseNet Ⅲ series.
- Won 2013 iF Design Awards, Samsung NVR System won an awards in the category of communication.
- Conclusion of sole source contract for LPT(Low Pressure Turbine) module with GE.
- Conclusion of FA-50 Engine supply contract with Defense Acquisition Program Administration.
- Mass production contract for the follow-up of KUH engine with Defense Acquisition Program Administration.
- Approved as an excellent firm for exportation and importation safety management, AAA level.
- Won in World Skills Competition Two gold medals in the division of web design and CNC Milling/One silver medal in the division of CNC Turning.
- Launched high-speed Chip Mounter, EXCEN.
- Agreed joint-development of high-pressure compressor with Korea Gas Corporation and signed supply contract of BOG Compressor for LNG.
- Signed the MOU for gas turbine development with Korea Midland Power Co.,Ltd
- Won Red Dot Design Award (high-speed chip mounter EXCEN, smart home camera SNH-1010N
- The first delivery of KUH(수리온) engine.
- Launched the first all-in one chip (WN3) with intelligent algorithm for network cameras
- Launched a Samsung Techwin-Postech Intelligent Media Research Center
- Won two gold medals in two divisions at the World Skills Competition(Mold-making and CNC Milling)
- Concluded a contract for the initial production of an engine for FA-50(light Attack Fighter) (KRW 120.9billion)
- Developed a high-capacity air compressor(100,000 Nm2/hr) for industrial use for the first time in Korea and delivered it to Samsung Petrochemicals
- Started initial production of K55A1 self-propelled howitzer
- Launched a Samsung Techwin-Sungkyunkwan University Graphene Research Center.
- Concluded an agreement for localization development of natural gas compressor for LNG Production Plant.
- Constructed the R&D center in Pangyo.
- Completed to establish a robot system monitoring the petroleum reserve plant in Seosan
- Completed the third round of mass production of KAAV
- Selected as the best company in terms of activities responding to climate changes for the carbon information releasing project
- Acquired shares of Samsung Thales
- Consolidated the electronic security business.
- spun off of digital camera business.
- Established SSMT in Shanghai, China and TSTO in Tianjin, China.
- Signed a strategic partnership agreement with Dresser-Rand in the USA for gas compressors and power generators.
- Held a signing ceremony for the smart project robot business agreement.
- Won two gold medals in the World Skills Competition in 2 divisions (Mold making, CNC lathe)
- Green Management Announcement Ceremony.
- Established Bio-Technology Research Center in Maryland and Houston Turbo Design & Development Research Center in the USA.
- Hosted ground-breaking ceremony for the Pangyo R&D Center.
- Established industry-academy collaboration research centers with leading universities
- in Korea(Seoul National, Yonsei, Sungkyunkwan, and Hanyang Universities).
- Developed the World's First super thin 8 Mega pixels Optical 3X zoom camera
- module 'ABACUS'.
- Completed the new TSOE factory in Tianjin, China.
- Celebrated our 30th anniversary.
- VLUU i7 and Smart Touch won the UI TIPA Awards 2007.
- Completed an agreement with the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy (MOCIE) for the development of social security robots.
- The development of a gas turbine-operated combined heat power generation system, the first of its kind in Korea, at the Samsung Medical Center, Seoul.
- VLUU i70 won the EISA Awards.
- Introduced new premium digital cameras (including the NV20/NV15/NV8/i85) onto the market.
- Established a system for monitoring the production and quality of semiconductor parts.
- DSC Department relocated to Suwon.
- Introduced the Exchangeable Lens D-SLR Camera GX-1S onto the market.
- Introduced the slim-type #11PMP with PMP features, the first of its kind in the world, and standard digital cameras onto the market.
- Changwon 1st Plant won the “Eco” mark.
- Semiconductor System Department relocated from Changwon 1st Plant to Changwon 2nd Plant.
- Semiconductor System Department opened the Chip Mounter Technology Center in Shanghai.
- Digital camera NV Series introduced onto the market.
- Developed modules for 3x optical zoom, 5-million-pixel and 3-million-pixel miniature camera phones.
- The DSLR Camera GX-10 was introduced onto the market.
- Hosted the ceremony for the introduction of the K10, the world’s first robot-type armored ammunition carrier.
- Held the TOP Room opening ceremony at the Namun Office.
- Introduced the SM 320, a high-speed, high-precision chip mounter, onto the market.
- Introduced a slim-type digital camera #1 onto the market.
- Introduced the KENOX Pro-815, an 8-million-pixel digital camera, onto the market.
- Completed the BOC production line at Changwon 1st Plant.
- Developed the K10, a robot-type armored ammunition carrier.
- Signed a contract for the joint development of the Exchangeable Lens D-SLR camera with Pentax of Japan.
- Commenced work on the new factory in Tianjin, China.
- Won the Chang Yeong-sil Award for a turbo compressor.
- Sold our 5,000th chip mounter.
- Introduced a 7-million-pixel digital camera, the KENOX Alpha-7, onto the market.
- Changwon 2nd Plant produced the first engine for the next-generation F-15K fighter plane.
- Introduced the Kenox V4, a 4-million-pixel digital camera, onto the market.
- Developed the new CP-55 chip mounter.
- Completed the work on a production line for camera modules for cellular phones at Changwon 1st Plant.
- Produced a trial model of the XK-10, an ammunition carrier.
- Introduced the Kenox U-CA3 camera onto the market.
- Developed the SWB-800, a new gold wire bonder.
- Won an export order for 51 million dollars’ worth of cameras.
- Commenced the second KFP-Ⅱ project at Changwon 2nd Plant.
- Commenced the production of camera modules for cellular phones.
- Established the Semiconductor Development Center.
- Signed a contract for the supply of engines for the FX Project.
- Semiconductor System Department shipped out the first bio medical equipment.
- The development of an ammunition carrier for the K9 self-propelled gun (XK10 Project) in conjunction with the Ministry of National Defense.
- Semiconductor Material Department signed a contract to export micro PPF technology.
- Semiconductor Material Department signed a contract with Sumitomo of Japan to export the technology for galvanizing ultra-thin film palladium micro PPF (with patent rights).
- Turkish Land Forces Command (TLFC) signed in contract with the Defense Program Division of Samsung TechWin for three hundred of the 155mm K9 self-propelled howitzers
- Entered the precision medical equipment market, making an agreement with Corentec for the joint development of artificial joints.
- Shipped the engine for the Korean-type naval destroyer KDX-Ⅱ.
- Sold our twenty millionth camera.
- Relocated the Wire Bonder Division from Sungnam 1st Plant to Changwon 1st Plant.
- Changed the company’s name to Samsung Techwin Co. Ltd.
- Semiconductor System Department produced the ten millionth CP-40 chip mounter.
- Won a $100 million order for engine parts from P&W of the U.S.
- Developed the Digimax 35MP3, an MP3 reproducible digital/PC camera.
- Launched the 6-Sigma management system.
- Completed the first project for amphibious assault vehicles at Changwon 3rd Plant.
- Introduced the first engine for the KT-1 onto the market (Changwon 2nd Plant).